Ummm I love a great Red Duck Curry one of our favourites in our house.
If you have the time to make the red curry paste it’s even better!
Red Duck Curry
- 7 dried long red chillies deseeded, and softened in some water
- 1 stick lemongrass, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons coriander, cumin seeds, roasted and ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 Duck breast, cut into 1 cm dice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups coconut cream
- 2 teaspoon of palm sugar
- 4 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 limes ( bruised )
- 2 green chillies
- handful fresh coriander
Usually you make a curry paste in a pestle and mortar , however if you don’t have one you can use a blender .In a blender add a little water to help blend the ingredients, do not overload, blend half of the ingredients at a time to ensure everything gets mixed in well.
Heat a heavy based fry pan and add oil followed by the duck followed by 3 tablespoons of the paste continue to sauté until it starts to become fragrant. Add coconut cream, chill. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Season with palm sugar and fish sauce and lime juice
This curry should be rich, salty, hot and sweet!
Serve with steamed jasmine rice and fresh pieces of pineapple and grapes if you wish!