Delicious Meyer Lemons so juicy and so versatile , so many things you can do with Lemons.
Brilliant on a hot summer’s day.
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of liquid honey
- Juice of 6 lemons ( save the skins )
- 1/2 cup of water
Put sugar, honey and water into a pot and slowly simmer until the sugar is dissolved
Take off the heat and pour in the liquid honey and the lemon juice stir until well mixed in
Let cool. While the syrup is cooling zest the lemon skins that remain
Add to the syrup.
Store in a glass bottle in the fridge,
Pour some syrup into a glass, top with ice and soda water Delicious!
Fantastic for all sorts of dishes -A dressing for Salads, Fish, an accompaniment to Fresh Bread
- 250 ml of good quality of olive oil
- 2 whole meyer lemons ( if possible ) quartered
- 3 cloves of garlic unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon of toasted coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon of black peppercorns
- 2 star anise
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 1 cinnamon stick
Place oil in a large saucepan, heat very gently until body temperature
Put lemons , garlic, toasted coriander seeds, peppercorns, star anise, bay leaves, fresh thyme and cinnamon stick into a bowl and pour over the olive oil
Leave to infuse over night