I love a great smoked fish pie especially in winter!
- 8 small Agria potatoes
- 1 cup of cream
- 4 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- pinch of white pepper
- 100 gm butter
- 100 gm plain flour
- 500 ml milk
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tsp salt
- 1 cup sliced leek ( use the white only )
- 1 cup of celery with the leaves
- 1 cup of peas
- flesh of 1 small smoked kahawai or snapper
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
Peel potatoes and slice into thin discs
Whisk together the cream first measure of parmesan egg and pepper in a bowl
Add potato to cream mix coat well and leave to soak.
Melt butter in a large saucepan add flour and whisk together.
Gradually add the milk while whisking until thick.
Add mustard salt leek celery and peas.
Cook over a low heat for 10 mins.
Flake in smoked fish.
Transfer filling to a 30cm greased pie dish
Fan out creamy potato slices over the top
Sprinkle over second measure of parmesan
and bake in the oven for 40 mins!