Recipes makes 8 patties
- 500g premium lean beef mince
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1⁄2 beetroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (cumin, coriander, chilli)
- 3 egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Form into 8 patties.
3. Heat a heavy-based frying pan until hot and brown the patties on both sides. Place on a baking tray.
4. Bake for 4–5 minutes. Then its a matter of building up your burger with the Awesome Sauce.
I love to use wholemeal buns, crunchy iceberg lettuce, mustard, gherkins and homemade tomato sauce.
Mike’s Awesome Sauce
2 soft boiled eggs
4 Shallots sliced and sauteed
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
100ml vege stock
60mls of Olive oil
2 gherkins, finely chopped
- Boil the eggs in boiling water for 5 minutes exactly, then run under water until cold. Peel carefully
- Place the eggs, shallots, puree and stock in a food processor. Process to combine. With the motor running, gradually add the oil to form an emulsion.
- Remove from the food processor and add gherkins. Set aside.