This week I thought I would talk about “don’t get bored with the BBQ”
Who doesn’t like a good BBQ, but let’s face it we all get a little bored with that plain chicken, steak or banger in a bun.
So this week I want to introduce you to some marinades and rubs that will spice up your life, and BBQ.
Take any meat or seafood that you would normally BBQ, add some of below to give it not 5% magic but 20% awesomeness.
Wet rubs, designed to be marinated over night
- Lemon juice, smashed garlic, thyme, sea-salt, cracked pepper and olive oil
- yoghurt, curry powder, sea salt, cracked pepper and olive oil
- Thai fish sauce, smashed garlic, lemongrass, coriander stalks and oil
Dry marinated, designed to be rubbed over just before cooking, make a big batch and store in an air tight container
- equal parts garlic powder, white pepper, salt powdered kelp
- smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, brown sugar, dried oregano
- roasted and crushed peppercorns, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, Murray river salt, onion powder
- So next time when your cranking up that BBQ, try one of my marinades